My family and I recently spent a fun-filled day at Emerald Cove Marina on Bullards Bar Reservoir. We rented a ski boat that allowed us to select two free water sports toys. We chose the wakeboard and tube for our day of fun in the sun.
The Bullards Bar Reservoir is located in the northeastern part of Yuba County, California, in the city of Dobbins. It sits at about 2,000 feet elevation in the Tahoe National Forest.
My favorite part about Bullards Bar is that the water is a beautiful crystal clear color of teal. Geologists say the heavy mineral content in the red dirt soil prevalent in our local area is attributable to the color of the water. Also attributable to the beautiful blue-green tone is the dense forest that lies above the reservoir. Another feature of the lake that I enjoy is that it is very warm, making it fun to jump in and enjoy a good swim or any water sports offered at the marina.
For starters, here are a few things you can expect to enjoy when you visit Emerald Cove at Bullards Bar in Dobbins, CA.
- Houseboats. You can rent houseboats that board anywhere from 12 to 22 people depending on your needs. Some models sleep up to 18 people.
- Ski and Wakeboard Boats. Rent one of the new 2021 MB Tomcats or the MB Sports Ski Boat. These boats come equipped with a built-in Sound System so you can vibe to all your favorite tunes while out on the lake.
- Performance Pontoon Boats. These boats board 12 people. With this boat, you get two free water sports rentals. This boat pulls tubes, skiers, and wakeboarders.
- Activities. Enjoy water skiing, wakeboarding, tubing, personal watercraft, and swimming. There are also floating restrooms for your convenience.
- Emerald Cove General Store. This store is stocked to include everything you need for your watersport and boating needs. Why pack a lunch when you can pick up an assortment of food and beverages at the general store? The store also carries other items such as clothing, hats, tote bags, sunblock, postcards, over-the-counter medication, first aid supplies, and much more.
- Fishing. You can go fishing all year long at Bullards Bar Reservoir. Find Kokanee Salmon, Trout, Bass, Crappie, and Bluegill. You can also purchase fishing tackle and bait at the general store. Visit the Step Outside website, where you will find information about how to buy a fishing license.
- Hiking. There are five trails ranging from .7 miles to up to 14 miles. Also found at Bullards Bar is Dark Day Picnic Area, where you can spend up to 14 days for day-use picnic sites.
Call or check the Bullards Bar Calendar for rental opportunity dates.
I hope you have a chance to visit Emerald Cove at Bullards Bar. It is one of Dobbins’ most famous and fabulous attractions.
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 480, Dobbins, CA 95935
Emerald Cove at Bullards Bar Reservoir in Dobbins, CA.
I hope you enjoy this video of father and son having fun on the water.
Father is an excellent boat driver.
Son is an excellent wakeboarder.